View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:14 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I think he thought that was the best way to keep the BL fans watching the show around that time but he didn't wrap his head around how much more that would piss them when it was revealed it was fake (but tbf, there was nothing romantic about their scenes). It helped that the actor who was playing Owen couldn't come back after the writers strike and that he would have also had an chance to tear down Luke's character even more.
Exactly. If you read his interviews, he is all LP and doesn't give hope to BL fans. Like, in his head there is no way he was thinking BL stood a chance. The writing is proof. Like I said, their break up scene is so final. I don't remember ever seeing a more final break up scene. They are comparing themselves to a great love (Whitey and his wife) saying they've never had that and will never have that. I mean, how much more crystal clear does it have to be their relationship never had enough substance and never will. It was final. I believe most BL fans actually understood as much. Which is why so many went for LL... they figured their ship was blown up so they didn't want LP to win and LL was a way to get there.