View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 07:53 AM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

Thanks for letting me know, I'll watch out for it. And yes, that would be great. Not much out there that I watch though. I hope the new TV season will bring some interesting new shows and opportunities for Rose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
In my mind, Claude and Luc eventually found their way back to each other. I hoped that Luc was meant to represent her husband in real life.
Yes! I so agree. That's my headcanon anyway.

I think the book, I read this in about Claude and Margot was Leonie Frieda (2006): "Catherine de Medici: Renaissance Queen of France." - London, 464p. . I thought it would have made for an interesting dynamic too. Especially considering that in "La reine Margot" or in "Henry IV" Margot's relationship with her brothers or Catherine was so emphasized. Anyway...

And again, I agree. I was so disappointed -- there were some things about season 2 that I liked but in large parts it was a rather painful trial with the whole Mary/Condé thing (and them destroying Kenna/Bash). When Condé first appeared I thought they'd make him get with Lola, make her convert and turn against Mary/Francis -- which would complicate things because of the child she had with Francis. Oh well, that didn't happen but yes, I liked the idea of Claude/Condé as a pre-cursor to Margot/Henry of Navarre. I thought they were maybe trying to play aspects of that storyline -- like what if Claude grew fond of him but was conflicted because she knew her mother's machinations too well, would she warn him or wouldn't she if something was going down etc. -- again, I thought all that could have made for potentially interesting plotlines but no, it was over in five seconds, they were so set on Mary/Condé.

Sorry, babbling again...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").