View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Damocles
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)

The thing I noticed about OUR Roswell, the real Roswell, is that it wasn't afraid to push boundaries It reminded me of Buffy in that even though it was aimed at teens, they showed sexual and violent content to an extent that didn't make it seem aimed at kids. It also helped that the cast ensemble gave committed performances. The CW is more obsessed with fashion and glamorizing things than actually appreciating character strengths. The Vampire Diaries kinda proved that
That's my issue with alot of CW shows now (with the exception of The 100, and yes I'm biased ) that I feel like they don't truly delve into character development and are just focused on everything being so stylized. See Riverdale as an example.

The fashion on Buffy and Roswell just complimented the characters and their personalities - they didn't stomp into a room wearing a $900 outfit while the camera focused on them in slow-mo. I don't know.

I REALLY hope there's no Michael & Maria and if there is, please let them be nothing like ours...