View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Betsybelle
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Do we know for sure that he built it, or that it's for episode 18?

Yeah, I don't think Belle is the guardian. I think it's Rumple, and the "path" that the prophecy said would appear after Belle's death to where the darkness shall rest is really just one big test for him.
I think it has to be for 7x18 because they started filming on 2/2, so it's only been 6 days so far (usually it's 8). Monday (Rumbelle day!) is a BC holiday, so no filming, so I'm assuming that Tuesday/Wednesday is 7x18 (though to be fair, it COULD be for Gothel's centric - 7x19 - if they film two episodes at the same time, which they have been recently).

I agree. Rumple is the Guardian, and he doesn’t know it yet, and was sent to that particular place and time because he’s on a journey of self-discovery. It's almost like Wizard of Oz, where the characters had to realize that they had the courage, the heart, the ability to return home, within them. I can think of no better conclusion to Rumple's story than for him to realize that he was always the one to put the Darkness to rest forever....