View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Roswell 10/2/00
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Wait, THAT'S who is behind this new Roswell? Carina Mackenzie? Since when does she have that level of experience? From what I remember, she was just a TV fan back in the day who would gain followers based on passionate Gossip Girl related tweets causing shipper wars. Hmm.
What... what... Are you kidding me! Oh no this just keep on getting better and better!

See it just shows you what a disaster this is NEW show going to be! No experience what so ever except getting people to follow you on social media! Sorry but social media followers to like you does not give you the experience for a TV studio to say here lets entrust you to write and produce great scifi and expect the TRUE fans to follow blindly.

It's funny all of us fans here on the board were just commenting on her soclal media pages the other day how she acts so immature in her repsonces to fans and the photo she posts. Just because she posts a photo wearing parts of the Crashdown uniform and posts a photo of going to the real Roswell does not make you a TRUE fan!

Now this new bit of information about her Gossip Girl days makes total sense. We all were like how did this girl get entrusted to use the title of our show call it a reboot but really make up an NEW show all together! It boggles my mind! Thanks a lot CW but TRUE Roswell fans are not that stupid and are not buying it!

Quote:
The thing I noticed about OUR Roswell, the real Roswell, is that it wasn't afraid to push boundaries It reminded me of Buffy in that even though it was aimed at teens, they showed sexual and violent content to an extent that didn't make it seem aimed at kids. It also helped that the cast ensemble gave committed performances. The CW is more obsessed with fashion and glamorizing things than actually appreciating character strengths. The Vampire Diaries kinda proved that
Personally it's a slap in the face to all of the die hard fans! We are not blind CW! I agree the CW is more based on creative a buzz on social media about fashion, glamor, and what ship of the week is it this time then on real stories!

I love how the real TRUE Roswell dealt with deep issues. It was not just some teen drama. I love how it was scary and dark at times and found a great way to explore universal themes of who we are and were we belong. The acting on Roswell was magical! I loved the characters so much I had to see how it all ended!

I loved that about Buffy as well. It was not a cheesy show of a girl killing Vampires it was so much more then that. It was so dark a melodrama and some of the best writing and acting I had ever seen on TV! It was about living what does it mean to have a soul and how to find your place in the world.

Quote:
Brendan and Majandra's chemistry was akin to lightning in a bottle. It only strikes once.
At least Majandra was honest and said on twitter that the show was not a reboot at all and that it is a NEW show all the way. As quoted by her on twitter

Quote:
I am getting so many questions that i have to address this reboot. It’s not a real reboot in the classic sense. There’s no Maria and Michael or Liz and Max. Or anything related to the Roswell everyone knows and loves. Completely new story. Completely different thing except title.

Majandra kind of told the fans in someways she agreed with them for not wanting to watch it and how they wanted to watch B&T more. By her saying on twitter "you said it I didn't." and post fan reaction to the reboot aka New show was brilliant! Its her way of saying she agrees with them without getting involved.

Yes it all PR in the fact that the TRUE cast can't go on a rant about this new project. However I am glad at least Majandra said something about the reboot aka NEW show and said it is a NEW show all the way.

Yes I want B&T even more now!

I hope this NEW Roswell crashes and burns faster then the skins getting blasted.

I say we tweet during the NEW show with TRUE ROSWELL #TRUEROSWELL based on the 99 Roswell tag line There is Truth to every Rumor!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-10-2018 at 10:13 PM