View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 08:45 PM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
That's exactly the picture in my mind I get of Hyde dressing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Although complete side note I did love the episode of The Office where Jim relented and dressed up as Popeye for Pam.
Haven't gotten to that ep in my Office rewatch yet, but that's love. And when Hyde is a little older, he might do the same for Jackie if it meant that much to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.PP (View Post)
The first few times the kids are at the hub, it's a lot busier, has multiple pinball machines. It's hard to imagine some of the later scenarios that played out there occuring within the original arrangement. Preferences?
Hard to say since we didn't get to see the original version of The Hub that much. But just because most of the storylines happened in the less crowded/extensive Hub, I'm going with that one. The original Hub might've been too distracting from the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.PP (View Post)
Also, I read in another thread Misty wrote about how actors change & age & such, but that characters live on & are portrayed by different acrors over time. T7S cast have discussed being open to a special or a film. Would it be more interesting to see a T7S movie that isn't the 70's with the original cast. Or more interesting to see a T7S movie set in the 70's, but with a currently younger cast? With as many plot, characterization & timeline inconsistencies as T7S had, maybe split the difference & just have the original cast in the 70's anyway? Also, would a T7S film be better within a linear 3 act frame or as a Linklater-esque slice of life character driven piece?
Personally, I don't a T7S movie or TV movie or series revival. The show's writing deteriorated as time went on and went kablooey in season 8. I don't trust that any new official T7S material would do the characters justice. I prefer well-written fanfic by people who understand and respect who the characters (and show) are at their core.