View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 06:23 PM
James26
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the new thread. You can always use the art if you want.

Quote:
Sure, he'll get the female pulses racing but what else (apart from money which he wasn't that smart in investing) has he got? Brandon is very level-headed, smart, witty, ambitious, caring, kind-hearted, all-round nice guy.

Look at Dylan's path (alcoholic, druggie, playing with 2 women, no sense of responsibility)
Great points, Mike. I certainly think that Dylan had his qualities, but I didn't find it believable when Kelly suddenly became interested in him again at the end of S5. It all comes down to one question: How does he make her happy in ways that Brandon can't? And the writers couldn't answer that question. They just told us that he'll always "have a piece" of her.

Again, this is aimed at the writing and not the character of Dylan. I liked his relationship with Jim, who he should've listened to more.

Quote:
Kelly even told Andrea "I got tired of fighting with him, I was always mad; I don't think it was meant to last." This leads to her pursuing Brandon immediately afterwards ... How can you go from THAT, to "he'll always have a piece of my soul" in the next season?

The scripts were often contradictory and done primarily to keep changing the hook-ups among the main cast.
Indeed, Gwen. I think the answer revolves around ratings. Creators do what they think they need to do in order to stay on the air. Or they simply get too lazy to come up with anything better.

I sometimes forget that the writers aren't as attached to these pairings as we are. It's why I don't let myself get too invested anymore.