View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:52 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I loved that parallel so much. Great thought that it was their subconscious minds telling them they needed to get past their grief. The mind is a wonderful thing... it knows when your path has to take a certain turn even if you might not want to go there. Definitely, both Amy and Andy needed a little push to get by the bend and towards a straighter path.

This show was full of parallels. I also love how season 1 was filled with Ephram/Amy and Andy/Nina parallels. Berlanti established in early season 1 they were the main pairings and there was no way he was going off course. It was refreshing watch the entire series never having a doubt that these two couples would reach the finish line.
To be honest though, there were two things I didn't like in the Series Finale:
  • Nina being so passive and selling her house and even going off to the airport with Jake and Jake telling her that her heart was with Andy and sending her back to Andy. It's like she lost her spine.
  • Amy telling Ephram in the Ferris Wheel scene that their not being together was all her fault. It certainly wasn't all her fault. Ephram had broken her heart and laughed when she said that she imagined them being together forever, and then he took off for Europe, so naturally she was cautious about risking getting her heart broken by him again. I wish that line wasn't included in what she said to him.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy