View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:48 PM
ChakotaysLover
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)

I loved having Philippa take command at the end of the ep. I guess if they had to kill off Lorca at least they replaced him with Philippa for now. I am so curious to see how she adjust to Star Fleet life. Her journey from Terran Emperor to Star Fleet Captain and seeing her evolve her thinking and ideology along the way is something that I really want to see.
Philippa probably had the reasoning that if Lorca could assimilate into the Federation, then she could do it, and be better at it than he was. Any abnormal behavior that her crew notices, they can chalk it up to her time in a Klingon prison.

I really love that Philippa is now the Captain of Discovery. It's poetic really. She's not taking everything that Lorca had, including Michael. It's all hers now, and that's got to be satisfying for the Emperor on some deep seeded Terran level! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
It felt like Sarek was saying goodbye to Michael. Even Michael sensed it so I am worried that he may be on a suicide mission I hope I am wrong though because I really want his character to stay around.
I don't think he was saying goodbye to her because he's going on a suicide mission, but because he's putting Michael in a direct path to suffer for whatever choice the Emperor makes, and it could be a deadly consequence. And when it's discovered that Sarek was complicit in giving seemingly free reign to Philippa, he probably senses that Michael will never forgive him for it. Sarek may call Michael his WARD, but he raised her none the less. She is still his child, and as a father, he's got to know it will deeply affect her.

Last edited by ChakotaysLover; 02-06-2018 at 08:54 PM
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote