View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 12:33 PM
LWS53
Elite Fan

Well I always thought she was All Fur Coat And No Knickers!

I was reading an article about Uma Thurman on-line yesterday and wasn't surprised at all to learn that she was bullied by Quentin Tarantino into doing a dangerous stunt which resulted in her being quite badly injured. It happened after she had had an 'encounter' with Harvey Weinstein who was the producer of a lot of her most high profile films. I think there is a lot wrong with movie world and Hollywood in particular and if actors have to put themselves at great risk just to make a movie look authentic, or in Uma Thurman's case to save money, is it really worth it? I go to the cinema for fun not to see people putting themselves at risk because the director wants it. If the stars want it too fair enough, but not if they are bullied into it.

Let's hope things will change from now on, but I think this one man will be made a scapegoat and the rest will just carry on as before. Another thing if you are white rich and powerful you go into rehab and if you are poor and from an ethnic minority you go to jail for the same crime.