View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Sandy0401
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
That was more Stana being able to finally get a break from the show to do what she wanted. She was stuck with a 7 year contract. That contract had her stuck no room to do anything else. ABC wanted to get rid of her in season 8. The only reason she got what she wanted was because the person who was in charge at the time changed his mind. I am sure if she had a choice in the 7 years she would taken a break from the show a long time ago. I don't think it had anything to do with Nathan. Also the show runners were the one who came up with the stupid story line of keeping them apart in season 8. Stana had no say in that. Even Nathan was like are you crazy. When he heard what the plan was.

I hope that the same show runner learned his lesson or he will make the same damn mistake in Nathan's new show.
Well I do know for her to sign she demanded the same pay and vacatioin (there was a Forbes article on how her and Nathan made the same) which for ABC was a big, big no. That wasn't the first time ABC has done that either (and is probably why everything happened when it did. She demanded the same pay as her male co-lead which in the end got her booted for a potential season 9). The show runners did it but when Stana signed she said she was happy with the direction they were taking Beckett, I kind of think she knew of the "break up" somewhat. She might not have thought it'd go on for so long or they didn't go past explaining XX and XY and the ending that involved the break up.

Icon by Fiona