View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 06:40 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Cool story...

My 18 year old niece Anna has a ton of childhood friends from even as far back as preschool she's still friends with today. Her childhood best friend is her roommate next year when she goes to college.

Anyway, today Anna, two of girl friends and two guy friends all hung out together. They were in a safe area in Minneapolis. Her one guy friend is named Jake. Anna and Jake have been friends since preschool. Anna texted me a few pictures from today. They were playing around on a lake... pond hockey, this is Minnesota after all.

So she was sending pictures and I jokingly told her Jake is cute as ever and wondered why she never got together romantically with her childhood friend. She paused then tells me that Jake is gay. I am like... What? When?!?!?!

She said six months ago he told his close friends and family. He was the captain of the Varsity boys soccer team, is very popular, extremely well liked. The good news is he's probably even more well liked now because no one cares and it's a wonderful thing.

My dad joked now that he knows Jake is gay he approves of Anna and Jake going everywhere together.

Anyway, I thought this story is so awesome. I know Minnesota is a very liberal state (thankfully) but it's just so great how sexuality doesn't matter.
That's a great strory. It should be like this everywhere.