View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Betsybelle
Master Fan

I just don’t see Rumple going down that path again.....it’s been done to death, and people probably expect it of him. He’s not going to earn his way to the Afterlife by going dark and then turning around, not after centuries of being the DO. Rumple has lived 60 plus years as a “good man with a pure heart”...he’s continued being that even without Belle, and he has to continue to be so. I don’t see him becoming desperate at all (which, if he did, would prove himself unworthy of the Afterlife and would prove Belle’s faith in him to be unjustified) - I think, in fact, he’ll continue to do what he has to do, knowing that eventually he will find the Guardian and be reunited with Belle. I think he understands that it will take as long as it has to take because he’ll be with her for eternity if successful; months and years are a drop in the bucket when compared to eternity. This is his ultimate, permanent redemption - it will be different than other times. I would also point out that Adam and Eddy’s post-Beauty spoilers tell me that Rumple IS going to stay in “the light”....

I’m “eh” on Rumple and Alice mostly because I resent that it’s another year where he doesn’t have scenes with Belle...that’s just me. Even if I don’t watch 7B, I think it will be a wonderful arc for him

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-03-2018 at 04:13 PM