View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 02:45 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Hi everyone

I was thinking about OTH today for the first day in a long time (as I'm sure you can tell from my username, I was a huge fan of the show I'm not anymore for various reasons), and this is what I thought about ~

Brooke/Nathan should have happened when Haley left town in Season 2. I was personally never a Naley fan because I hated what their rushed marriage did to both characters and how they restricted Nathan from pursuing his dream. There was a gender imbalance in how Haley was allowed to go off and do whatever she wanted, but he wasn't. But Nathan and Brooke were two very similar people who went down very similar paths - pursuing two people who had their own journeys to take. Being heartbroken but not being able to move on.

I think Seasons 2 and 3 would have been ideal for Brathan to happen.

I hated the sex tape storyline because it was forced, made no sense and literally retconned their history (was it EVER suggested before Season 4 that these two had hooked up? No, it wasn't, and Brooke and Nathan are not shy people. They would have given more hints that it had happened in their behavior towards each other. Mark Schwahn is an idiot for changing history like that. It was done just to make Peyton's actions with Lucas more forgivable )
Skam Italia icon
Gwen