View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 08:07 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Replacing Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in the MCU with Scott Lang(a D-list character who had little to do with the Avengers in the comics) and Hope Van Dyne(a character who does not exist in the comics) is like replacing Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin with David Coverdale of Whitesnake. It's like Journey touring the world with that guy who can sing a lot like Steve Perry, but it still ain't Steve Perry.

Marvel Studios shoehorned Edgar Wright's Avengers-incompatible Ant-Man script into a cinematic universe it was never meant to be part of at the expense of two of the main characters in the Avengers. Notice how the Ant-Man films are being directed by Peyton Reed and not Edgar Wright? That's because Edgar Wright quit the film because he wanted to make a heist film, not an MCU film. And Marvel wanted an MCU film, not an Edgar Wright film.

The only reason these movies are about Scott and Hope and not Hank and Janet is because of Edgar Wright, and that's why Joss Whedon had to totally rewrite his Avengers movies, replacing Hank and Janet as Ant-Man and Wasp with Hawkeye and Black Widow, and making Tony Stark Ultron's creator instead of Hank Pym. And to be honest, this is not what I waited 30 years of my life to see. Hank and Janet deserve to be in these movies as they are in the comics, not reduced to a footnote as some geriatric side characters.