View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 04:24 PM
reason to believe
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it is annoying cause its actually nice when you are on the spectrum and always feel confused or different from others, to see someone like yourself on TV!

Sometimes I see a scene where she is doing something and I identify so much with why or how she's acting, I rewind it a few times over to see it again and laugh (mostly with amusement delight cause I'm understanding her!)

I don't notice the speech patterns tho! Probably may be cause I might have my own and to my own ears, sounds normal???

The thing I understand most of her is hearing what others say as literal! When they mean figurative!! Well, the writers did their research on how Aspie women perceive things! oh, and also thinking when people are joking they are serious.... like when Booth joked about a "king bee overtaking her Queen" and she just says "There's no such thing as a king bee"

One of my favorite little clips of Brennan was being interviewed about her book with Penny Marshall and she was asked "how did all this "happen" and Brennan is just like ".... I have no idea". And being asked "so how do you juggle forensic work by day and author by night?" and Brennan just says "well, I do one, then the other". That's how I would answer too, cause its just the exact answer really!

Last edited by reason to believe; 01-31-2018 at 04:31 PM