View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:46 PM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That's my point. I think Scarlett is a hypocrite. She did Ghost In In The Shell(not of a Shell), which is based on Japanese animation, yet her character in the animated movie is clearly Japanese, which is inappropriate for her to play. She wears a #MeToo pin, but won't hold Woody Allen accountable because he's her director. And Black Widow was never that important. The Wasp, as a founding Avenger, is a more important Avengers character, but Janet Van Dyne got marginalized in the MCU and cut out of her own story because of one overrated British director. She-Hulk has been in the Avengers far longer than The Hulk, but legal bull with Universal, who owns The Hulk, complicates things. Tigra and Captain Marvel are also more prominent female Avengers, so I honestly don't know why Black Widow is so prominent in the MCU, except maybe because she's more convenient. She doesn't require much in the way of CGI, and having no powers she's certainly diminished compared to her male teammates.

So that's why I'm more interested in Jen in Red Sparrow than some Black Widow movie. And as I said, I'd have made an Agents of SHIELD movie for Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury, which would've been a better idea than that TV show.
Except Scarlett Johansson gives one of the best performances in the MCU, making the Black Widow one of the MCU's best characters. I'm seeing the Black Widow movie. I have no intention of going anywhere near Red Sparrow.

Last edited by sum1; 01-26-2018 at 06:31 PM