View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 05:49 AM
SannraB
Loyal Fan

What I really liked about the story and the scenes I saw was the way Mulder and Scully dealt with their own mandela effects.
While Mulder confronts himself with the video and his disappointment afterwards Scully chooses not to taste the jelly. I clearly prefer her decision. Many people struggle with the past and force the moments they think were most fulfilling in their lives to come back just in order to realize that they can’t repeat a situation or a feeling. It would never be the same. Other people don’t force it, cherish what they had, don’t challenge nostalgia and move on, without disappointment. And that’s what Scully did. Look what Mulder misses on the way: He was so busy finding this twilight zone episode that he didn’t recognize Scully who just wanted to go and have dinner with him. A DATE! Reggie was right when he said that it’s not important what happened but with whom you spent the time with. And that was exactly what Mulder didn’t recognize. They both (M&S) did it in the end, last scene, when Scully decided not to eat her jelly in order to remember everything. Then they looked at each other and really saw each other… they finally understood.

A great episode! My personal mandela effect: When I think about the school summer holidays in my childhood I always had visions of two month full of sunshine, swimming pools, spending my time outside with friends, ice crème etc. Of course it’s right that summers are worse now in Germany because of the climate change but whenever I tell my mother about my memories, that summers were better when I was a child, she laughs and says that summers have always been unstable even when I was a child. She could remember many days when I was at home on rainy days feeling bored. Well, my memory was a different one, everything full of sunshine