View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 04:38 PM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Stlavin, you sent me this pm and I thought it would be nice to answer here to keep this topic even more alive

I liked most of the cast actually. In the end I prefered the female characters I guess. They were all very strong, likeable and every one of them brought something unique to the table. Brooke and Haley are probably my favorites, aswell as their friendship. I know people often prefer Brooke and Peyton, but I'm not one of them. Don't get me wrong, they have a great friendship and there's so much history involved (even before the pilot), but sometimes it felt like all they did was fight (which changed again with S5, which I liked), especially over Lucas. Haley and Brooke...their friendship grew a lot over the years. I think all three girls will be best friends forever, but if I had to choose just one, yeah it would be Haley/Brooke.

As for couples...I often prefered the friendships if that makes sense? That said, I liked Lucas with both Peyton and Brooke. Both relationships had their ups and downs. In the end it was always clear Lucas would end up with Peyton though and I was okay with that. In the later seasons I was a fan of Quinn and Clay, really liked their characters and chemistry. Really happy they are still great friends in real life.

Characters I've also liked throughout the run: Karen, Mia, Mouth (most normal guy in Tree Hill imo ), Anna (I liked that they at least tried to show a gay relationship, but in the end that failed hard I suppose), and a few more. Didn't care much for Nathan, though I liked his growth and I liked that he made Haley so happy (most of the times). It was the most stable relationship on the show though and I liked that. When he went missing in S9 I really, really felt for Haley. Bethany Joy Lenz is an amazing actress.
Fair enough

Alright, I actually think despite what we know now about what was going on off screen that the girls actually got better storylines than the guys did, I think Breyton's friendship would have been a lot better if it wasn't for the love triangle happening or dragging out for as long as it did.

I only really liked Lucas with Peyton and I always thought the show as an whole would have been better off if Brucas ended after S1 when they were supposed to and not long go back there just because Chad and Sophia were together at that point.

I actually wasn't an big fan of Mouth, especially after season 3 Karen was great though and I wished she appeared more after S4. Anna could have been an great character imo and she deserved better than what she got from the writers imo. Nathan was an good guy, but he was pretty boring as an character after S3.