View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 03:39 PM
Diva Duckling
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
It's so much easier watching a show when you already know a character's fate.
Yes, this is so true! I think that's why I could enjoy Roswell much more easily than I could enjoy OUAT for example.

It also made me see Tess as a tragic character from the very first moment and that was part of the reason (though by far not the only reason) why I loved her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I would be less uncomfortable with the scene if Tess had been violent towards him first. But she wasn't being violent so him pushing her around and holding her head down makes me cringe.
Agreed. I understand his motivations and why he acted that way, but at the end of the day what you visually see is a guy throwing down and tiny woman on the ground and being violent with her. It's not a pretty image and I do hope they did wanted us viewers to be uncomfortable with it, at least on some level. Though with Max you never know - I think he did have a violent streak and I don't think the show dealt with that properly.

On another note: Do you guys remember the scene when Tess is already dead (or... at least accoriding to what we see in canon, she is assumed to be dead) and Max gives up Zan and does some alien thing and when the others (maybe Liz or Mr Evans, I don't remember) asks him what that was he says something like "memories" ? I've seen the dubbed version, do I don't exactly know what he says in the original script, but I think that the point was that he had given Zan some memories. I'd like to think (and this is my favorite headcanon) that he gave him happy memories with Tess. So he could remember her mother and father together. So he could remember the mother who died for him. I choose to belive that.