View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:33 PM
Meliana
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Theresa, it's really sweet of you to say that. That's lovely that your brother is having a kid.

We had a lot of trees down around here too. My husband went into work late so that they'd have time to clear the roads before he went.

Well that works for you, Leanne, that's the main thing. Not everyone is the same, and I firmly believe that no one should have kids if they really don't want them. I don't see myself as governing their lives though, more of a teacher and guide. That's what I love about watching them grow up, is I increasingly can let them make their own choices.

It does stress me sometimes Kim. My daughter was getting distressed about other kids at school recently, but had made me promise to not interfere directly. I found that position very hard, but I was determined to not break my promise, so I helped in every way I could. I got her to read a book on bullying, and strategies to cope with different situations, and I listened to her, and tried to lay out her choices, but in the end she had to make her own decision on it, and take action that she was happy to take. I believe she is coping better right now, but I'm sure that kind of thing will come up quite often now.