View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
I hated departure, two seconds of Max and Liz hugging was not enough.
I loved it. It worked out in the end. And I just ignore those scenes with Max and Tess. The Fastforward button is a best feature when you're watching on DVD or elsewhere... Max and Liz had a aganozing good-bye, so bittersweet. You really see Max waking up to the destruction that had happened. All that was started by saving her life, had gone so wrong... and the last year had been a nightmare...

And yet there was a glimmer of hope. But before we get there, we saw so much regret in their faces. This is not how it was supposed to have gone...

But they teamed up to get to the bottom. And Liz being part of the team saved Leanna's life because she saw the truth... And stopped him. They had it out. She let the truth about Kyle slip, and he fixates on it until he get the truth. And it wakes him up. And it's a bittersweet brutal parting...

And yet she and Maria find out the truth, and save the day. And Max gets to defend Liz to Tess, and true he's not thinking about the next minute, he just knows the lie Tess has told about the baby. So he sends her off...

And so if the show had been cancelled, we would have had them in each other's arms with the knowledge that they are working it out. A much better ending than Destiny!

And then we saw the fallout, for good and bad in Season 3. We got lucky that we saw them hash it out until they were finally able to commit, and we got the epic proposal and a sliver of their wedding day...

I am thrilled for Departure because it gave us hope!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!