View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 03:26 PM
Little_Stewie
Master Fan

^
Sorry, I am a later comer, to this discussion, but I am amazed that you guys point out all the things that rubbed me the wrong way as well. It took me a while to gain some clarity. Personally, I don't mind the re-invention of the Klingons. However, it was risky. Let's be honest, the Klingons are a somewhat problematic topic. Basically, I am amazed that they even invented Warp drive and Space travel. All they care about is fight. This has always been a problem, since TNG. But back then they did a good job in making it believable. Now, re-inventing the Klingons is then super risky, imo. Cause the new interpretation might end up being worse. And that's how I felt during the 1st 9 episodes of 'Discovery', to be honest. Let's see how it develops from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Michael was definitely doing what she thought was right, but she also should have respected the chain of command.
That's exactly how I felt. To start the show with a Mutineer. Wow, that was bold.... Imagine what Jean-Luc Picard would have said.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Little_Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote