View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 11:06 PM
WriterFreak001
Loyal Fan

I love Gatsby (the book), but the movie was so horrible I almost left the theater. The story is such a great piece of literature conveying life in the 1920s, and the movie, in my opinion, was a total flop.

"Moulin Rouge" was sub par as well, in my opinion. I mean, I love the story, and parts of the movie were all right, but the use of music covers, like "All You Need is Love" from the Beatles was a BIG no no in my book.

I think... if a musical set before the end of the 20th century has modern / contemporary music in it, it would have to be original songs and not covers. I think that might also be why "The Greatest Showman" did so well. These songs weren't covers but originals which made the experience all the more new upon seeing the film for the first time.

And to answer your question, Heidi, I did my best not to spoil the movie in my review. My post is more analytical than anything. It talks about a major theme in the movie but does not highlight any specific instances in the movie that reflects the theme.

Last edited by WriterFreak001; 01-14-2018 at 01:48 PM