View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 11:15 AM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I think that's entirely possible. I don't like generalizing but many men hate admitting when they're wrong or are unsure. I don't know if it's a macho thing or what but they did a study on men and women lost while driving. The women wouldn't hesitate to ask someone for help/directions while the men are satisfied driving around, late for something, delayed in general, because of pride and not wanting to say they need help. I am sure that's part of why they are like this. Plus, you are a woman and even unconsciously that could play a part. You are showing them up.
The jerk and the boss do have issues admitting that they are unsure or that they are wrong .

Quote:
It makes sense you were like this. I was too.
Yeah it is natural for us to be like that . However that is another reason why we seem so magical to others. From their point of view we seem at first slow, quiet, not assertive and then suddenly we get really fast, really assertive, really competent. And it's like out of nowhere.

Quote:
Got it. Would you say that he's pretty good at what he does, though?
He is not bad at what he does, but extra ordinary he is not. He tends to find the solution that fits him the best and not what fits the situation the best. He tends to not explain properly what he does and quite often he has this attitude "I did my job, I don't care about the rest". For example right now the project manager has issues with him because he does not want to give her proper information on what he does and what is the status or what he had agreed on with the French.

He also does not know when to keep his mouth shut. When it comes to my project he just does not know enough so it's better to remain silent. Otherwise he stirs up discussions that are a waste of time.

I do not think that he is some genius that we should tolerate. I think that he is average and his attitude does not help him.