View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 12:05 AM
LindaL100
Obsessed Fan

I can see what you mean about Booth & Cam’s relationship being more of a strictly physical one that was only going to be short-term, and not an emotional long-term relationship, especially from Booth’s perspective. Although there were times earlier in season 2 when it seemed like Cam had showed some hints of jealousy over Booth’s relationship with Brennan, so that just gave me the impression that perhaps for while, even if it was just for a brief short period of time, that maybe Cam had wished that their relationship could’ve been something more, maybe due to their long history together. But of course it didn’t take long for her to realise the close bond between Booth & Brennan was undeniable, and that Brennan would always be Booth’s first priority.

As for Hannah, she definitely harboured some jealousy and insecurities about Booth & Brennan’s closeness, and she had every right to be…even after she befriended Brennan, I think deep down a part of her still felt some uneasiness and suspicions about B&B’s close relationship.

I love the fact that Booth’s love for Brennan is so deep and unwavering, even though he has dated other women before and has loved other women, but his love for those other women were nowhere near as strong as his love for Brennan. I mean, first he broke up with Rebecca after she refused to marry him, then he dumped Hannah as soon as she rejected his marriage proposal too…obviously he did not love either of them enough to stay with them. But Brennan was the only woman Booth has ever loved whom he stayed with even after she had told him many times before that she did not want to get married either. As a devote Catholic, not being married was a sin to Booth, so was having a child out of wedlock, and Brennan’s initial reluctance to get married, yet despite all of that, Booth still happily stayed with Brennan And it wasn’t just because they had a daughter together, he also had Parker with Rebecca but they could not make their relationship work even despite having a child together. Brennan was just like his 2 previous significant girlfriends in the sense that neither of these women wanted to get married, but Booth’s love for Brennan was much stronger, strong enough for him to commit sins in order to stay with her and their daughter. I remember his old Army buddy Aldo Clemmons once told Brennan that Booth was willing to sacrifice his soul for her, he would do anything for her, even kill or die for her. That’s how much Booth loves Brennan so deeply and unconditionally! Before Brennan married Booth, she was this very independent woman who initially did not believe in marriage, and even though Brennan eventually agreed to marry Booth, but I think that was largely because it was what Booth wanted. There’s no doubt Brennan loves Booth very much too, if not just as much as Booth loves her, and I think over time Brennan gradually became more receptive of the idea of marriage…but like Aldo had said, Booth still wanted to marry Brennan more than she wanted to marry him, ultimately I think the main reason she agreed to marry Booth was because she wanted to give him what he wanted and she wanted to make him happy, and getting married was what Booth wanted for them