View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 02:25 AM
Gelfling
Elite Fan

Closure Notice - My time with you as your friend was the best I ever had... and I'm not sorry

This is it, friends. You all know we've been struggling to meet the daily requirements from and it's just time to say goodbye to the board.
I have been putting this off way longer than I should have because the board means so much to me but I will cherish the memories and the friends I made along the way and just say goodbye to the place.

I've loved every single day of my time in this community, posting and then moderating.
When I say the board changed my life, I do not say it lightly. It changed me in many ways. It made me more open to others. It made me a better person.
I have laughed, cried, shared thoughts and opinions, respectfully argued to hell and back with other opinionated smartasses, but most of all, I made real friends, met amazing people, and found true love.

This community, this little board, literally changed my life. Without it, and this little show, I would never have met my soulmate and it's a big thing for a little place like ours.

So with that in mind, I would like to thank all the posters, past and present, and the mods who came before me, or modded with me.

I would especially like to thank the Gilmore Girls community, and the Matt Czuchry fans (especially Mel, Carmen, Karen and Jess) and the ER/JM fans (especially Stephen, Es and Ju) who campaigned so hard for the board to exist in the first place, as well as Jerry and the admins. Without you, my life would be very different today.

I should also thank the Kings, CBS for The Good Wife and the lovely and talented Archie Panjabi for making it impossible for me *not* to google for a place to discuss the show. And Fate for leading me to

And last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank all of you who made our little board live and resonate with laughter, tears and cries of joy, frustration, sheer madness and exultation, and who shared your love for a little show, a little bit of your life, and a piece of your heart.

My ladybug, Miss Femina. You painted colors on my life and your love keeps me going.

Ingmar, Mel, ERussia, Kate, Ty, Aga, I could never have gone that far without you

Lily, Kiki, you kept me coming back and made me laugh til I cried on many many sleepless nights.

Laila, Shama, Marie, Caro, Euge, Anna, Nanda, Boots, Sabrina, Nessa, Elie, Gabby, Mare, Maria, Brooke, Uzzy, Rian, Ana Banana, ylana, Chrissy, Rye, Barbara, you made this place a home to come to as the end of long days.

There were so many of you and I know I'm forgetting people I should mention so please forgive me. Just know that if my brain is suffering a momentary lapse, my heart knows who you are.

So here's to absent friends, and the ones who are here today

We will see each other around (remember the Television board ) and if you feel nostalgic, you can revisit the TGW board after Sunday in the Fanforum Archive
and if you ever need a friend, you can drop me a PM, as always.

Fluff

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 01-13-2018 at 11:44 PM