View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

Cathy, May, Arinna – Hello y'all! Happy New Year (albeit belatedly) to all of you! I hope this finds you well.

Thank you for the new thread, Alex, great quote! Sorry, I wasn't around but lots of travel, lots of work and I really hate the cold and the snow. Though it's already a bit better again.

Oh so you mean that Scully behaviour or rather the way they wrote her in that scene is rather out of character? Yes, I agree with that. A lot of things do not seem to make sense. I mean granted, we never got to know Reyes as well as we did Scully and Mulder naturally but still – her working with the CSM seems out of character too in way. I mean what was between her and Scully was clearly not just being co-workers but also a friendship in season 9. And then I remember her scene in "Audrey Pauley" with Doggett where the latter tells her he wants to get a cat and she tells him that no, he shouldn't, he's a dog person and he asks her why and she lists all the things she likes about him:

Quote:
Reyes: "You're faithful, you're dependable, you're without guile, you're very comfortable to be around. So why a cat?"

Doggett: "Low maintenance. They don't expect much from you, so you can't disappoint them."

Reyes: "I don't see you ever disappointing anyone, John."
She never struck me as two-faced and now to work with the CSM she'd really have to be. Okay, look, the actor's new role on another show notwithstanding, I think they could have at least mentioned Doggett or got him for guest appearance maybe. And no clue what happened to Spender? Another retro-wank? Plastic surgery? Will they resurrect Krycek and Marita Covarrubias next? I'd like to think that everything will resolve with a proper explanation but this is just all so infurating. Though I heard they showed the first half of the season to some test group and they agreed that it gets better again. Who knows.

Yes, that's exactly what they made Avery into – Juliette's doormat and security blanket. I mean I like that he redeemed himself from the selfish arse he was in season 1 but this is taking it a bit far, he needs to have his own agency again. And generally I liked him better with Scarlett. But you know that. I also love how their voices go together. Their duet "The Moon Is High" is still one of my favourite songs from the show!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 01-10-2018 at 01:38 PM