View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 12:03 PM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Yes, it was a very tough week, with the bitter cold and then almost 2 feet of snow, and then went to 10 below zero Too cold to sit by the window/at the computer and post anything.

But it has warmed up above freezing, what a blessing!

Then our power started doing the blinking and surging thing; called the power company and they sent out a bucket truck and fixed it at the pole/wires, but guy said we weren't properly grounded, so an electrician is coming tomorrow to check that out. It's an old house with old wires. And last year we had the same thing, and they fixed the wire at the pole and didn't say we had to do anything else, it was fixed! We had a surge and smelled burning wires - but nothing seemed to be burning - clock radio got fried, that was it. SIGH. I was terrified.

Then Dad's neighbor called to say Dad was very bad and I should call and check etc. And I did and things sounded okay/reassuring. And today case manager lady said things looked pretty bad for Dad and I should get down there before Tuesday So I have to figure out when I can fly down there; trying to get my daughter to come with me, as she's a nurse and good with this stuff and I don't really want to go alone. They made it sound like Dad wouldn't last until next week. I'd like to wait for the electrician, and husband's birthday etc before I go.

So our trip/drive to Florida is on hold/cancelled, have to cancel the reservations we made, until we see what happens, because Dad is getting buried in Boston and then you have to sit shiva/mourn for a week, and then we'll have to drive down to Florida and sort everything out down there. I hate being a grownup and responsible adult sometimes.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan