View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 01:30 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
After I first watched the finale, I was very upset and didn't watch the show for years. But in the end, it doesn't change what DJo were to each other or what their history was. Nor do I believe it would change their ultimate pattern which was them always finding a way back together, romantically. It kind of soothes me to know that KW actually intended for DJo to end up together and only changed it at the very last minute. Because the finale, imo was all about DJo.
That's my issue, though. Joey's admission "I know who I'm supposed to be with, I've always known" is an immediate retcon. We all know that Joey's ongoing flaw throughout the show was not knowing what she really wants. Even Dawson tells her this when they break up in 6x02. She's always "trying to escape." That's exactly what we saw in Season 2 - Joey running away from her issues instead of facing them. She ran away from Dawson countless times, both literally and metaphorically. That's why fans kept watching the show, in the hope of seeing that time come when they would FINALLY reconcile. Not as friends, but as destined romantic lovers. It had been a long time coming. Yet when it does happen, we get a crappy one night stand story line then Joey telling Pacey that she was running away from HIM all along.

It's the most contradictory, confused TV writing I had ever seen at that point.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen