View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Betsybelle
Master Fan

For all of my frustrations and sometimes anger, I wouldn't trade Rumbelle's story for anything, certainly not an easier relationship arc.

I think what Adam and Eddy said in post-Beauty interviews speaks volumes. Rumbelle have Eternal love - and we see that through everything they've been through.

Quote:
Kitsis: I would say we felt like we owed it to us. It was something we wanted to see. We spent six years keeping them apart, bringing them together, having the drama, and so we just wanted to see the love story now. We feel like we earned it, so let’s see it. I think that’s really what it came down to, and obviously we knew that was something the fans wanted. One of the fears that the fans had when they realized we were doing this new reboot was we would be taking away the happy endings… the legacy of the first six years is very important to us. We’re not taking away anything, hopefully, we’re adding on a new story.

Horowitz: For us, it was very important that Rumple and Belle have a happy ending. These characters deserved it, and that was part of the reason for doing this episode; to show how they did have this ultimate happiness together.