View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Stay to the Lights
Fan Forum Star

Yess.

Prison Break: Fox developing new iteration | EW.com

Quote:
Following the panel, EW pressed Fox Chairman and CEO Gary Newman for more information. “No, it would not be an entirely new cast,” he said. “It’s very early at this stage. Paul Scheuring had an idea for another season, and he came and pitched it to Michael and the team. They were excited about it, but it’s super early. We haven’t seen any written materials at all.”

Scheuring — the show’s original creator who he exited the series before the final season, but returned for the revival — previously told EW he was reticent to do a sixth season, initially even calling season 5 a closed-ended story. “To do it again, I think we’d have to find an equally strong or even stronger narrative and I think that’s very hard with Prison Break,” he said following the finale. “Never say never, but we’re just not going to do it just to do it; it has to be great. I know that the actors are very keen on doing it, but at this very moment, I don’t have an idea what it would be. It’s possible it could come from other sources, but right now there’s nothing in the old noggin.”

For his part, Miller thinks there’s more life in the series. When EW was on the set of the revival, there were even rumors of a sixth season being set in China. “I wouldn’t rule it out,” the star told EW. “I feel like there’s more story there and now we’re talking about multiple generations. There are a lot of different directions that we could go, but I’m not in favor of exploring any of that unless there’s something awesome that we can sink our teeth into.”