View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 02:35 PM
straws
Absolute Fan

Quote:
restlessmalaise:

some headcanon thoughts about faith’s christmas lights in amends:

she either stole them from some house while out patrolling one night to brighten her room up with some color & light, trying to capture some of that warm glow she had always been so desperately without,

or she actually scrounged together enough cash rummaging through recycling bins & **** like that to buy some at a corner store or thrift shop,

or someone she rescued from some monster/demon/vampire screamed and dropped their holiday shopping bag/s in a flurry of both hurried fear & utter denial & disbelief, so she kept them (which is how she was able to bring over a gift to buffy’s house, assuming she didn’t have some money saved up & bought something really hastily at like a liquor store or whatever)

i know the main focus of this episode is often angel & buffy’s relationship, which has some great poignancy, regardless of what you actually ship imo, but like let’s take a moment to reflect that faith actually had a really nice christmas with a home cooked meal in a place she was starting to feel safe in, despite being reserved, guarded, envious and extremely overwhelmed by everything happening to & around her, past and present, no matter how unfazed she was so often pretending to be

and it actually snowed on top of it… she got a ****ing story book festive & magical moment that she probably spent some of her childhood dreaming of huddled in her closet or under her covers reading about with a flashlight from a book she swiped from another kid, or checked out from a library & never returned, or watched something like it’s a wonderful life or even a charlie brown christmas alone in a very bare-boned house on a ****ty tiny tv set with antennas that often scrambled & garbled in & out of focus (much like the one in her place at the time)

and that right there is really underrated, remarkable & worth noting because that is just as much of a miracle as the key focus of the episode, if not more so, because it’s way more realistic for people struggling during this, or any time of the year
https://mybitca.tumblr.com/post/1689...thoughts-about

Quote:
I never got into Dollhouse....would you recommend it?
Hard to say. It, for me, deals with a very uncomfortable subject matter. And it is my least favorite Whedon show. However, it does still have stand out episodes/moments. And Eliza and Amy are fab as always.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com