View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 07:07 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

I was a HUGE fan of Rob and Kristen's real life relationship

I know it sounds sappy but I thought it was so beautiful that they had a romance that was separate from Bella & Edward and they cared enough about to keep private from the public for so long. I mean, they were secretly dating and spotted by media/fans on dates for months before anything concrete was ever proven about their relationship.

Plus, they supported each other's film sets and premieres (Kristen visited him in Budapest when he filmed BEL AMI, and went to the REMEMBER ME / WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Premieres; he was with her during SWATH filming and they were first spotted kissing on an outing with their friend Tom Sturridge during ON THE ROAD filming)

So, when the cheating announcement was made through social media, I was really hoping it was just tabloid slander (But the photos spoke for themselves, sadly.) I just couldn't understand how or why Kristen would be motivated to do that to such a great guy like Rob, and they had just been lovey-dovey together at Cannes Film Festival (where he was promoting COSMOPOLIS)... And I had a feeling this would be the end for them because Rob had always talked about not understanding why people would cheat on their partners because his parents had such a successful, faithful marriage.

So yes, I'm still sad after all these years that this is the way they broke up. I remember they got back together but broke up again in 2013. I don't dwell on it like I used to, but every now and then I think about it and I feel sad that it didn't work out between them.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this
Skam Italia icon
Gwen