View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 04:11 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I view season four for Clarke as sort of her . . . I guess, in a way, like her “season three Bellamy” storyline. I think many of the decisions she made were highly questionable. While I understand her reasoning for making a lot of the decisions she did, ultimately, I think she made some very poor choices that hurt (or could have hurt) a lot of people.

I found it thought-provoking as hell, though, so of course I loved it. I would actually rank season four right after season two as my favorite season for Clarke, just because her storylines were so meaty. If that makes sense.
Agreed, season 4 was a frustrating but also highly intriguing season when it comes to Clarke’s development (or regression as a character, depending on how you viewed it) and I felt the same about Bellamy’s storyline in season 3 for sure. I feel like a lot of it was rash and not properly thought out … but it’s also in character too, knowing what we know about Clarke and what her main priority is (the greater good over the few). I would say though, as flawed as she is, her actions humanise her too (not defending her actions however) … here’s this girl in a position of power and she shows it most of the time. But we get a glimpse into the young woman that she is, too. And I think that’s important to see. If that makes any sense.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit