View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 06:28 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

OMG, I just saw Riverdale! Cheryl saw mommy kissing Santa Claus. Archie and Betty shared a kiss, but it seems that Varchie is back together! But what exactly did Veronica's parents tell her? I'm kind of afraid for what Veronica got herself into with her dad. I'm also afraid for Jughead because of what he did to Penny. FP knows she's gonna come back and I hope Juggie hasn't gotten in over his head. OMG, he cut her tattoo off. But I did like how Jughead rallied the Serpents behind him in their snake masks. And OMG, Grandma Blossom is scary as hell! So that janitor was the Black Hood after all? Are we really supposed to believe this is all over? Did Archie really see that guy, or someone else? I did like Archie and Betty going all Mulder and Scully on the Black Hood. For a moment I thought he was actually gonna get buried in that coffin!

And it seems everyone is broke in Riverdale. Archie and his dad are up to their ears in debt because of Fred's medical bills, but thankfully Veronica paid them. And using Hermione's credit card. The Blossoms are broke, but that didn't stop Cheryl from buying a Christmas tree. Granny Blossom said she and Jason should've been drowned at birth like puppies? Bughead might be getting back together as well, hopefully. But is Dark Betty starting to emerge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
They'll probably just reboot the X-Men and the FF. With Disney magic. I think the ending could be hinting at Hal being the BH. Oh it may be wrong, but after watching the mid-season finale for OUAT, I'm still shipping Henry&Ivy/Drizella.
Sorry, dragonfire, but it won't work that way. First of all, Kevin Feige himself said that the MCU would be "changed forever" after Infinity War and Avengers 4. Second, most if not all of the current MCU cast will be gone after Phase 4 when all their contracts expire. Third, you can't just reboot the X-Men and FF and leave the MCU as it is. The MCU is a world where mutants don't exist, but then suddenly the appear out of nowhere? And Quicksilver in the MCU is dead and he and Scarlet Witch are enhanced humans, but in the X-Men films, Quicksilver is alive and Magneto is his son. You can't just reboot the X-Men, you have to reboot the MCU as well so that Quicksilver is alive and Magneto is Peter and Wanda's father. And finally... you cannot have the Avengers without Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne as Ant-Man and Wasp because they are the founding members and have been in the Avengers longer than anyone other than Captain America and Iron Man. And I'm not gonna have Hank and Janet's legacy tossed aside because of Edgar Wright because there's no reason for his storyline to exist beyond the current MCU storyline. So please understand I'm an actual comic book lover who grew up on these characters, so I have earned the right to see my favorite characters brought to the screen, and please don't taunt me, okay?

Hi, Lauren!

I'm sorry, but retconning the MCU will probably happen for the reasons I just gave dragonfire. Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, and all the original cast won't be around after Avengers 4 and Infinity War, and you can't merge the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU without altering the MCU canon because it would just be a mess of continuity. Besides, the MCU was put together before Marvel knew it would ever get X-Men or FF back, and it's been around for a decade, so they'll have to reboot it at some level. The current MCU was never going to remain the way it is forever.

Disney makes a LOT of money, Lauren. They can afford to buy 20th Century Fox.

Yeah, I'm really busy with work. And I'm trying to do shopping. I'm sending you a card, and you already got your Monster Cereals which is all I can afford to send you. I'm broke.

Well, I try not to let awards show snubs bother me, but Logan really moved me like no movie this year. It's just a shame. And yeah, it's not fair that Vera and Freddie never won anything for their incestuous love on Bates Motel.

So you didn't mind Betty and Archie kissing? And the ending with Betty I think was implying that her dark Betty persona from last season might be returning.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 12-16-2017 at 06:42 PM