View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 04:57 AM
Cyclone139
Absolute Fan

Well I'm glad that's over! To be honest I thought the conclusion of the trial was a bit of an anticlimax. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was hoping for Sly to do something a little more 'genius-y'. I suppose recalling a case from 1809 (or whatever it was) highlights his eidetic memory, but they didn't make enough of it in my opinion. Anyway, it's over and we can all move on.

I held it together until Sylvester and Cabe were waiting for the verdict, then I just wanted to hug Sylvester. (I was a bit of a mess by the end scene, it was the hat that did it!)

The dog case was sweet and I like that the Homeland guy appreciated their work. We never did find out why the new Director hates Cabe so much, so maybe now they'll ditch that idea and they can just get on with working together.

I have to say (and I'm surprised I'm saying this) I think Florence is growing on me. She seemed to fit nicely with the team in this episode and I quite enjoyed the dynamic this time around - not that she should necessary become a member of the team, but I wouldn't mind her popping up now and again to help out. I hope we get to learn more about what makes her tick now and she isn't just the grumpy neighbour forever.

The coping mechanisms were excellent, played for humour but also with enough poignancy to make your heart go out to everyone. I thought that was particularly brilliant.