View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 09:06 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
. Genetics might have played a role, but I am sure that they also saw Kris' passion for science.
Yes, definitely. It had to play a part for sure. Science is difficult so I feel like you have to have a combination of passion and intelligence (in this area) in order to succeed. They have it. Both Anna and Sara have been in every honors science course offered in high school. Many people have trouble with basic science courses and they're doing honors courses getting top grades. It's definitely their calling. My cousin who has a post-Doctorate degree in several areas of science has talked about how she teaches a General Biology College course that nursing students need to pass and it's a General Biology course specified for "Non-Majors" of Biology too which means it's much easier than a student taking General Biology for a major in Science in college. She said it's the most difficult class to teach because these nursing students either hate the course or have difficulty passing it. They need it for the nursing program so she has to spend tons of hours out of class getting them to pass. This isn't even a biology course structured for people like my sister and cousin for majors in specific science degrees. It makes me all the more impressed with my sister, cousin, and now my nieces who are certainly following in their footsteps.

Quote:
True that . It is pretty similar experience!

I basically had said to my mother that after the first year is over I will take exams again and apply in another college that has no German involved . Obviously I did not do it. At some point I realized that it was not easy for anyone. Some were great with German, but not good with math and computer programming. Otherws were the other way around. It was not easy.
Did you have to take German?

Quote:
Our educational system is a bit different. We apply for specific area (say your major) in 12th grade and basically whatever you chose is what your major would be. You could change it, but this means applying again for another major for the same or another univeristy. Our major was computer systems and technologies so we were all supposed to be Computer Engineers.

Now if you ask me if everyone is Software Developer now, no. But at least 70 % of the people are in the IT area in some way.

We have the same in high school. We apply for schools and specific majors. Mine was computers, math and English which meant that after the 5 years I would have get regular education in all other areas, but advanced in math, computers and English. The most advanced was in math. We never cared about the regular material that people studied. We had like 8/10 math classes a week and we would solve more difficult stuff. In the last year we basically solved the official university exams.

Technically I had also advanced classes in chemistry because I was attending schools competitions in chemistry. That's how you say it, but I was in a very elite school so most of the stuff I studied (and adding the support of my parents) were actually advanced level compared to regular students in the country. It's no wonder I can read molecular biology books in English without issues. I have read about some of that stuff in school in the books I aksed my parents to buy for me.
Got it. It definitely is very different.

Quote:
She is 2 years and almost 4 months. She is now starting to talk more. Still not a lot, but there is progress for sure.
So cute! She'll probably start talking to you first.