View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 12:03 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Absolutely. We are/were very lucky to have parents like this and it trickles on down too since like you said Kris is like this with Anna and Sara. It's not a coincidence two subject areas Anna and Sara are the strongest in are... math and science. I think part of it is genetics but the other part is Kris making both subject areas fun to learn even if for some, they can be either difficult or boring. Kris made it fun though because she has a passion for both and found a way to pass it down to her children.
So awesome that she made math and science fun for Anna and Sara! What was her approach?

Quote:
Why were you depressed your first year in college?
I had never been without my parents for long. I had not even spent one night without them before that. On top of that I did not expect it to be that difficult to study everything in German. I had no experince with studying material in foreign language. I did not get along with my roomates and only their computer had Internet. I was left without Internet, isolated and alone. I struggled with everything and I am perfectionist so I was mad at myself for having troubles and issues and this caused depression.

Luckily I had classmates in college that helped me with my studies. Then I moved to different dorm and that helped a lot as well. I got used to German and got better with studying in foreign language. However it was slow process for me. I needed the whole first year to get used to this.

Quote:
You guys were a wonderful team. Sometimes in the least expected ways, chemistry/dynamics/groups can form. This is what happened for you.
Yeah. We were the driving force in our study group. We expanded the group but we were the ones to do research and come up with ideas to transfer to the others. So we will do stuff just the two of us and then we would meet with the rest of the group. I was also the one that was supplying the lectures and he was the one doing additional research online aside the books we had. We were great team. We were the epitome of team work actually. We were more in sync than with now my team at work.

Quote:
Nope. I'd hate to think about where she is now.
Hopefully she has not hurt anyone.

Quote:
Sooooooooooo cute! When will you see her next?
I will go home for the holidays so I hope to see her then. Not sure about the date, but I hope that we will have some time to spend together. She definitely wants it. She loves to come to our house and she has to check my room every time even though she knows that I am not there and she had never seen me there. It's like she feels better if she goes there. She now even sends me kisses over my mother's phone. She is so cute.