View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 11:51 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Yeah. I consider myself lucky having parents like that. When I was 6th grade we studied basic cell organells at school. Well I told my mother that I want to dig into this more because the study material at school was not enough for me and she bought me a series of books that are basically classifcation of all sort of cells for all plants and animals with comparison. Well there were three books on the topic. I wanted those and she bought them for me without complaints. She never told me but why do you need this? Every school year I would buy 4 different books for literature analysis on the books that we would read and I would read all of them. She never told me why do you need 4. Every year I would buy 4/5 different math books with problems to solve and she never told me why do you need 4 or 5. Most parents would tell me to focus on one book and forget about the rest. Not my parents. Whatever I wanted, I would have had it. When I started studying organic chemistry I found out that I love it so I bought additional books on that. Again no questions. The moment I would ask for it, I would have the money to buy it.

And your parents suppored you in this fully! We are lucky to have parents like that! Now Kris does the same with Anna and Sara and this is truly awesome.
Absolutely. We are/were very lucky to have parents like this and it trickles on down too since like you said Kris is like this with Anna and Sara. It's not a coincidence two subject areas Anna and Sara are the strongest in are... math and science. I think part of it is genetics but the other part is Kris making both subject areas fun to learn even if for some, they can be either difficult or boring. Kris made it fun though because she has a passion for both and found a way to pass it down to her children.

Quote:
I failed physics because I had terrible teacher in school. As a result I hated physics except the area about lenses as I was interested in this because of my issues. I am the type of person that could learn anything I want unless I hate it. And I hated physics because of my terrible teacher. And studying physics in German and at that time I already had issues with my roomates was not easy. On top of that I had issues with being away from my parents as I had never done this before. Overall I went through depression the first year in college and this has impact on my grades. I had people in the group that helped me though and explained to me and I managed to pass the exam on second time and even pass the second part of physics.
Why were you depressed your first year in college?

Quote:
Remember the guy that I mentioned about the studying sessions? This is how our sessions started. We had homework in physics every week and next week the teacher would ask someone of us to solve the problems on the board. I could not understand what the teacher was talking about. He had terrible German . I knew that this guy knows physics so I asked him for help. He was used to people copying his homework, but I did not want that. I wanted him to explain to me. He is not good in explaining stuff. He skips a lots of steps and most people are like lost. However I would grasp it without issues. He was impressed with me and he told me so. And this is how our studying budding experience started. I was like translator for him. He was quite smart, but he had no idea how to explain to people what he knew and I was able to understand him and explain it to others. We were great team.
You guys were a wonderful team. Sometimes in the least expected ways, chemistry/dynamics/groups can form. This is what happened for you.

Quote:
Definitely . Actually our German teacher would mix us. She would always call her with my name and she wondered why. It really was meant for us to meet each other.
That's cool!

Quote:
Nothing good for sure!
Nope. I'd hate to think about where she is now.

Quote:
It is so cute. She likes my Lego in my room. It's Lego for adults as it's part of the Architecture theme. She likes it so much that she had to show it to her mother, to her grandparents and she would always tell them that it's mine. She plays now with my childhood construction blocks and my mother told her that I would build her a house once I go home so now every time she comes home she mentions how she waits for me to build her the house .

I will give her a Duplo Lego with set of animals and we will play a bit with that. I also have some Lego minifgures that I will give her to play - a grandmother and two children. I think that we could start with her to play a scene. My mother already told her that they are building grandmother's garden. I would just add the people and set up the scene for her.
Sooooooooooo cute! When will you see her next?