View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 06:07 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It's definitely good . I am usually seated and they usually stand aright next to me so they kind of shield me from the people around me. It definitely helps me.
That's wonderful!

Quote:
Around 15 minutes.
Long time... is the area bad?

Quote:
I need to make him focus on his goal. He is analytical guy so the structure is not a problem for him. He just can't determine how much he should say. For him things are clear. For the others they are not. I have had the same issues in the past. I am just trained to do it better.

My whole 12th year in school I had a math teacher that I would see once per 2 weeks. He would give me homework - a list of 30 math problems to solve. He would always leave me red notes everywhere. It was never about the wrong solution as I had no issues with that. He was university professor so he knew how to structure his lectures. He did the same with me - he would train me how to structure my solutions so that they are easier to understand. He taught me to organize and structure my thoughts.

My literature and writing teacher in 7th grade helped me too. They taught me on how to structure text to prove a point. It takes time but it could be learnt. It just needs practice and the correct teacher and I know how to teach him. He told me that no teacher managed to teach him that. I kind of see this as a challenge .
It sounds like you had some really good teachers who helped you a lot. That is awesome. I know you had some that were nightmares but the good ones you had, they were really, really good.

Quote:
In the first year I had two roommates - sisters. It was definitely difficult to focus which explains my lower marks in the first year. After that I moved to another room where believe it or not my roommate was Leo, but she was Extreme Extrovert. Still though we had great dynamics and knew how to not annoy each other.

We do not have rooms like that so we had to study in the dorms. However once I moved I was living in the same building as another guy from my group and we got along great for study so we usually were in his room studying and we were alone. With him it was easy to study because we would not bother each other. Plus we understood each other with just one word. We would do reseach on our own and then we would exchange information. We would solve our homework together. We would work on projects together. It was really easy with him.
That's great. Are you still friends with your Leo roommate and the guy from your group you got along great with?

My first year of college I made the mistake of living with someone random instead of living with several of my friends who were attending the same college. The girl I lived with was a psycho who was obsessed with me and I was honestly scared for my safety. Found out later she pulled a knife on someone in that dorm. I moved out three weeks after living with that psycho. I switched dorms (even switched to a different building with dorms) and had a dorm all by myself. However, one of my high school friends didn't really like who she was living with either so she moved out on her and moved in with me around 6 months into the first year. Then I lived with her for another year before I realized I was at the wrong college all along and then transferred to another college close to home.