View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 08:46 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Makes sense. It is good (for safety reasons) that you travel with co-workers. Do you normally travel with them? How often are you alone?
Yes, normally we travel together in the evening. In the morning I am alone. I go to work way earlier than them. In the evening we are together unless someone has to stay long at work or someone has something else to do. For example M was not with us on Tuesday because he had something else to do.

K and I live in the same neighborhood so for us it makes sense to travel together. M lives in another, but it's close enough to us to use the same tram. When we moved to the new office M and I first were not with the team. Our desks had not arrived so the jerk, M, the former female co-worker (that I met in the weekend) and I were in another room. So M and I arranged the first evening traveling together and it just remained like that.

In most cases I do not travel alone, but with at least one of them. Next week this might not happen as I will finish in 6 pm the earliest because of the workshop and M likes to leave earlier than 6 pm. But yeah on average we travel together.

Quote:
I think your analysis is right on and can see why you feel this way.
Plus this does not fit into my moral compass. I believe that it's only fair to credit people for the things they are good at. Just like in a relationship people should not take their partners for granted, the same applies at work. However balance is needed. Not every day you do something so unique that you need pat on the back. Superlatives should be kept for the case where someone really did something good and not for everything they do. Of course during the evaluation this should be mentioned. Evaluation is not only to discuss the areas for improvement, it's also the time to show what the person does good.
Quote:
So lame. Your boss sounds like a complete idiot.
We might be wrong. We do not know the reasons, but the fact that he favors people that are not that smart or capable does not help. This is why M has so much issues with him. It's one thing to like someone that is really smart and capable and to defend him even and totally different to do it for people that just lack brain. That girl while good looking, is just not good. Like it's not because she does not know something. She just does not think. She can't even explain why and how she did something.

Quote:
Also, some people actually don't like working from home either because they know they won't be productive or they need to get out of the house for their job, they just prefer leaving their home environment for their profession. So working from home is definitely not for everyone for numerous reasons. I am happy I was made for this setting, lol.
This is true. Extroverts would not want to work from home. They would need the social interaction and leaving the home. Also some people need external motivation. If they stay at home, they just would not work as no one is there to basically micromanage them.

I would have loved to have your setup and work from home.