View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:35 PM
MrPeepers
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
Do you have a link to that fanfiction online that you could post in the fanfiction thread? Sounds interesting.

I read a cool fanfic about a third person in a cafe observing Mulder and Scully come in (after the Irresistable incident) and was assuming how Mulder cared about the woman he was with by how she was observing his gestures and looks to her. It was one of my faves.

Mulder seemed to be concerned about her after the abduction. Can’t remember if he still was like that after Irresistible, but he was always protective of her from then on.

I think realistically they would have required? Scully to get checked out at the hospital for injury, but I could see Scully, maybe being embarrassed after a bit from losing it/crying in front of Mulder, would actually shake it off and go to the Motel, acting like she’s ok. She would shake it off, even if they wanted to check on her and, probably claim she’s a doctor and can handle her own bruises.
Thanks for the reply! I've read that fic you mentioned - it's also one of my favorites.

Irresistible is my favorite episode, and as an unashamed shipper*, I won't deny that it's because of the hug at the end. You know what I really love about that hug? Mulder didn't pull her into it. He let her come to him. Although technically she didn't wrap her arms around him until he had already wrapped his around her, she took the first step and buried her face in his coat, which shows so much trust of him on her part. The sweetest part is when she reciprocates the hug, because you can see her actually squeeze him, which indicates just how much she needed him in that moment.

*at this point in the series I don't actually ship them. I believe that they maintained a platonic friendship until season 6, at which point some tension started to creep in. The fact that they were friends for so long before lovers is what makes their relationship the most beautiful one I've ever seen on TV.