View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 11:50 AM
*Ty*
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Which review are you referring to? Cool snippet of his character. He's lookin damn fine and sexy in this new role!
I don't have the link anymore. Some dude on a blog just reviewed the pilot's script (probably the original one which was bought by Showtime not the one which was rewritten for FoX). He was a big GA fan and somewhat considered the show's approach to the medicine "insulting" for the genre just because there were negative characters. Also he said the Matt's character was as negative as the Bruce Greenwood's character while it's now clear it's not that the case. I think the guy overacted over that script or just didn't read the final script and/or misinterpreted it.

Quote:
For whatever reason winter has become the new fall for the networks, as they seem to save more and more product for a January (and beyond) launch. FOX, for example, has what I thought was the best pilot in “The Resident,” and they saved it for midseason to take advantage of the NFL playoffs. They also have “The Four,” “9-1-1,” “The X-Files” and “LA to Vegas” on the runway in addition to the return of “New Girl,” so ABC is not alone here.
TV Ratings Monday: ‘The Voice’ and ‘The Good Doctor’ stay on top – TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com

Also that's the book which inspired the show.

Last edited by *Ty*; 12-06-2017 at 12:07 PM