View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:22 PM
reason to believe
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeepers (View Post)
IF THIS POST IS IN THE WRONG AREA PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE IT WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE. THANKS.

So Irresistible is one of my favorite episodes of all time, and I've read pretty much every post-Irresistible fanfic that's out there. However, far too many of the fics either have no mention of taking Scully to the hospital or have her outright refusing to go to the hospital. Lots of them have Mulder just taking her back to their motel. One of the best and most realistic fanfics out there would have to be "Fine Control", by Jean Robinson. I think it's realistic because Mulder and the local PD are accompanied by an ambulance when they bust down Pfaster's door, and Scully actually collapses as a result of her injuries and adrenaline and is brought to the hospital and rushed into surgery.

So what do you guys think would have realistically happened at the end of the hugging scene? Do you think that she would have been brought to the hospital (wouldn't it be protocol anyway even if she HADN'T been in a car accident, abducted, tied up in a closet, and tumbled down a long flight of stairs?) or do you think that she would have just shaken it all off and gone back to the motel?

Not to mention the fact that Mulder would probably be concerned about her mental state as well as her physical, considering how she was kidnapped and nearly murdered for her fingernails just months after being missing for three months and returned in a freaking coma.

Thoughts on this topic?
Do you have a link to that fanfiction online that you could post in the fanfiction thread? Sounds interesting.

I read a cool fanfic about a third person in a cafe observing Mulder and Scully come in (after the Irresistable incident) and was assuming how Mulder cared about the woman he was with by how she was observing his gestures and looks to her. It was one of my faves.

Mulder seemed to be concerned about her after the abduction. Can’t remember if he still was like that after Irresistible, but he was always protective of her from then on.

I think realistically they would have required? Scully to get checked out at the hospital for injury, but I could see Scully, maybe being embarrassed after a bit from losing it/crying in front of Mulder, would actually shake it off and go to the Motel, acting like she’s ok. She would shake it off, even if they wanted to check on her and, probably claim she’s a doctor and can handle her own bruises.