View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 04:10 PM
lianamed
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I don't think the show necessarily has the time to even develop something close to OQ. If live ratings become the only determining factor, a s8 seems like an unlikely prospect. IF they give her a new LI, I have made a conscious decision not to compare. In the end, I would like Regina to find happiness with somebody, for herself, and a HE that is not again relegated to Zelena or just Henry. I know she loves Henry but he's a grown man with his own family now. They have buried OQ in their writing.
I want her to find someone, don't get me wrong. In a better written show, her love interest wouldn't have been killed, because it doesn't make sense within her journey from EQ to Regina. But, since it was, it would be better than her being miserable and alone watching everyone getting their happy ending but her.

BUT regardless, not only there is no time to get her the love story her character deserves, but any attempt does feel like trying to get people to stop complaining about OQ and how Regina AND Robin deserved better, which, by the way they did. Sometimes I wonder if they thought killing Robin would save two problems at once: keeping SwanQueen viwers happy and solve the Zelena mess. They even tried to sugarcoat it with the fake feminist statement a man wasn't her happy ending. Because it's okay for all the other bad ass women in the show to have a man as a happy ending, but not Regina. Nope. She couldn't even have one as a part of her happy ending. Right. As if anyone with a lick of sense bought that...

A new love interest won't be the same, and it will be a cheap attempt, most probably, if it happens, it's going to be a non descript 2-3 episodes guest star, with a cheap TLK to hammer the point they are true love, just like they did the with one episode LGBT story.

Still, even a half cooked cheap love interest is better than misery and loneliness, so, I will take it, but I will mourn the original, much better love story for sure. It would have been epic

Last edited by lianamed; 12-01-2017 at 01:29 AM