View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 03:48 PM
atwoodsmariano
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
You're not a terrible person, LOL But I see some chemistry between L/L. Lorelai brought light into Luke's boring and sometimes sad life. He kissed the ground she walked on.
As for Lorelai... Max seems to be too serious for Lorelai (I would want Max for me , but he and Lorelai are obviously too different), ASP's Chris would never settle down with Lorelai, their timing was never right (btw, I hated Chris, because he didn't really care for Rory), Jason was a little strange, Luke on the other hand grounded Lorelai and just accepted and admired her with all her mistakes.

If you had been a writer, what sort of destiny would you have given to Lorelai? Do you like any of her suitors?

IMO Rory was so clingy mainly because she had a crush on Logan, but she also didn't want to be an outsider. She was the first time in her life on her own in the big world, and she wanted to belong (to Logan, his friends, his circle, their college lifestyle). She was also a little intrigued by Logan's high society status (after all, it was something, what Emily wanted for Rory - and Rory knew, how much Emily loved her), but mainly she just liked him and didn't want to lose him at the time.

The writers had to make a love triangle for Rory and Logan/Rory story seems good enough to me. That is not a grand love, but R/L are great buddies and - that is actually a lot.
Max was a nice guy but not necessarily for Lorelai. Personally for me I found the slow burn aspect of the L&L relationship really satisfying.

I really love the points that Scott and Lauren brought up in this interview https://youtu.be/B_QD4P0JJ8E

I disagree about the writers having to make a love triangle