View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Litlover73
Passionate Fan

I have a complicated relationship with java junkie. I love and adore both characters, however I never became invested in any of Lorelai's romantic endeavours. I could listen to them banter all day and I think the lack of JJ interactions in season 7 is what made it such a downer, besides too much Logan.

I just never felt that sexual chemistry between them much, and I honestly felt that Lorelai had much more of a sexual spark with Christopher. If they had just played Luke and Lorelai as best buds for the entire series it would not have bothered me in the slightest. I am totally invested in Luke as a character in his own right and his arc with Jess is a joy to me. I also often felt that Luke was more invested than Lorelai and that bugs me.

Logan on the other hand I just couldn't get invested in at all. There was nothing to him outside of his relationship with Rory, same with Dean, but Luke and Jess had so much more to them, hence my scarily much too real emotional attachment to them . I can safely say that I care more about Luke and Jess than Lorelai and Rory...I must be Amy's worst nightmare.