View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Tisha89
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiabilityShe needs to understand that having a good experience with someone doesn't annul the fact that they can be absolutely awful to someone else so she should've just kept quiet in that stance.
That can be said about anyone in history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liability
Did you miss the part where Matt Damon vouched for the guy who was enabling Harvey's crimes? He might be innocent of sexual assault but he still had no qualms about vouching for a person (Fabrizio Lombardo) who was helping an abuser. And he also knew Gwyneth Paltrow had been harrassed. Honestly, I can't grasp the idea of anyone who's actively following this scandal not being able to see how much of a douche Matt Damon is. I'm not here for patting men on the back for doing the bare minimum.
I registered on a website years ago, and used to read more than post in the film news section, but the misogynistic, sexist, ageist and overall mean-spirited comments made it impossible for me to keep going back.

Days after the Weinstein story broke, I went back to that site because I was curious to see their reaction since they live for awards and Weinstein (has) excelled at that. And I must say that I was surprised with their reaction, the majority knew who was the one to blame in this. And I think this user explains it all perfectly well:

Quote:
Weinstein asked Damon and Crowe to call Waxman (who was then at the NY Times) to vouch for Fabrizio Lombardo (who was then the head of Miramax's office in Italy) because the NY Times was writing a very negative article about Lombardo. Journalists who are doing investigative work ordinarily don't tell people who call them out of the blue what their story is about, and Waxman says that she never told Crowe or Damon about her claims that Lombardo was pimping for Weinstein. In fact, the NY Times never published anything about those pimping claims, but the Times did publish a negative article about Lombardo claiming, among other things, that he held another full time job while he was supposedly working for Miramax and that he basically did nothing while he was at Miramax. Lombardo had worked on PR tours for Damon and Crowe, and they called Waxman to tell her of their experiences with him; only Crowe was quoted in the article. I doubt very seriously that Weinstein would have asked Damon and Crowe to call Waxman as part of a scheme to protect Weinstein's pimp; Weinstein manipulated them as he did so many others.
source

@pretty lies, Jessica called The Hollywood Reporter out on their clickbait tweet. There's a difference in what she and THR wrote.