View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 06:16 AM
brianitesince2001
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
congratulations I would say 21 years are proof enough

The sroy is really well written and I liked it very much, that is the main reason I stopped reading at a point were I was ok with the ending.. I just can't stand when a fic ends without a real end that's why I normally avoid WIPs.. I started a few ones that sounded so promising and sadly never get updated..

Spoiler:
I would never have begun Moon and Master had I known it was abandoned, believe me. LOL

I completely understand where you're coming from. The reason I believed it is b/c A) it's season 5 so it took a loooooooong time for Brian to arrive to this conclusion. and B) it's my own projection of feelings that Brian's tired, wounded, and just wants to end the facade and hand over the reigns for somebody else to control everything.

But, again, I think your points are completely valid. Had I not been in the space I'm now in I probably would've cringed and stopped reading after the first few pages.

Quote:
That's a shame that you won't give Myrna's fic a try, Beth. She's another brilliant writer. What I meant by AU is: there is an issue that has a POV from Ethan, Michael, Brian and Justin. One of the things I enjoyed about the fic is each POV becomes intertwined, so we experience one POV being experienced by the others. Also...there are no bad guys. The AU is the reason this all came together.

I cannot read abandoned pics. I avoid WIP's anyway. I've been disappointed in the past.
Deborah, is Myrna a writer from when the show was airing? I swear I know her name.

I just can't do AU. My suspension of belief isn't that deep. I can be led gradually to the unthinkable through a canon or canon divergent story if the author makes me believe it. But, I can't just step off the curb into some fantasy where Justin's older than Brian and they're pharmaceutical reps or something like that.

Anyway, I've dropped the fics for awhile. I can't write fics so I'm actually moving my fantasy along in my own mind. Very interesting experience. I feel like I'm writing and reading it at the same time. But, it's all unfolding.

Really strangely, it's an actual story with plots, moving parts, and I'm working towards an ending. I'm enjoying my Brian and Justin and I'm loving how they're working as a team and growing as partners.

They decided not to get married. But, Brian travels with the rings wherever he goes and keeps them in his laptop bag. It just makes him feel closer to Justin even when he's going to see Justin. He's in NYC b/c they just bought a brownstone and an office bldg they're planning to renovate.

They decided that, like Justin said, they didn't need rings or vows to prove their love to each other. Since he had the rings on him they went to the jewelers. They asked to have the rings interlocked with each other (picture two of the five Olympic rings) and they had a plaque made with the interlocking rings.

The plaque says Brian and Justin, then shows the rings, then underneath it says transcendental love. The plaque's in that glittering, opaque, yet transparent Mother of Pearl. It's shimmering but you can't quite reach out and touch the shimmer before the light changes it. It's as iridescent and untouchable as their love.

They keep the plaque on top of their bed's headboard. It's only for them to see and it's not on display. It's nobody's business but their own.

That's just one little tiny bit of my thoughts.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-16-2017 at 07:23 AM